Interested in bring the Get In Gear Now! Experience to your event, school, business, or organization? Please fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you soon.
WE LOVE EMAILS
A PHONE CALL STILL WORKS
123 S. Figueroa St. #1009 | Los Angeles, CA
FUNDING SOURCES FOR SCHOOLS & NON-PROFITS
Concerned about funding for your event? Check out these tips below.
1. Share the Get In Gear Now! Experience with another school in your area on the same day. The Get In Gear Now! Experience fee can be cut in HALF for your school if you share the experience with another school. We can speak at your school in the morning, a neighboring school in the afternoon, and then catch a flight to his next destination. We speaks to more students, you save more money…It’s a win-win for everyone!
2. Check with your school administration for funding from the Associated Student Body fund. For teacher inservice programs, ask about Staff Development — Title VI funding.
3. Plan to integrate and highlight the Get In Gear Now! Experience into a major theme such as cultural awareness week, health day, Red Ribbon Week, etc. Depending on your theme, federal grant money might be available. For example, Safe and Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act (SDFSCA) might approve a funding request for a speaker who addresses alcohol and drug prevention, sexual abstinence, tobacco use, teen pregnancy, human trafficking, gangs, crime, and violence prevention. Check with your school district or federal government office to find out who is dispensing these funds in your state. Request an application form.
4. Apply for other grant monies from your state by contacting your State Department of Human Services and/or State Department of Education. They can direct you to the correct office – for example, the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division. Contact other local agencies in your county that already have grant monies from state agencies. For example, the Criminal Justice Department or Department of Public Safety might have distributed funds into mental health agencies or programs for mentoring youth.
5. Contact your school’s PTO/PTA. Share your plans with them. They are more likely to contribute funds if your plan is well thought out.
6. Have student leaders contact local organizations (i.e. Rotary Club, Kiwanis, Lions Club, Elks, Chamber of Commerce). Present your plan and request their sponsorship.
7. Create a win-win situation. Contact several of your larger local businesses, especially those related to services for teens and their families. Ask for their owner, CEO, or Community Services Department. If they are willing to help sponsor the Get In Gear Now! Experience, you can exchange the favor by announcing their support to your students and parents.
8. Invite multiple clubs on campus to participate and help in a fundraising project. A cooperative effort helps students collaborate and learn about the time and effort it takes to acquire funding in the real world.
WE ARE ONLINE, RIGHT HERE!
YOU CAN FOLLOW, FIND OR CONTACT US HERE, ANYTIME
THE MASTERMIND COLLECTIVE
ATTN: GET IN GEAR NOW! EXPERIENCE
123 S. FIGUEROA ST. #1009
LOS ANGELES, CA 90012
Need amazing Keynote Speakers for your next event?
Looking to bring the Get In Gear Now! Experience to your school or community?